Follow me on Twitter! @Shmape

Saturday, June 25, 2011

NOMNOM: Organic


Continuing from my last post, here are some thoughts on my newest venture to Market Organics. I originally went to find more natural chocolate since cutting back on refined sugar is somewhat of a resolution Ive been meaning to work on. This is what I ended up with. Go in for one, come out with more...isn't that always the case? Damn you, clever marketing! Feel free to tweet me if you have any recommendations on other products. I'm always eager to try new things :)



Oskri Coconut Bar in Mango
Halal, Kosher, Vegan, Gluten Free, Lactose Free.

Moist Coconut flavor, with a wave of a sharp mango bite..slightly perfume-y almost. Certainly gives a boost of flavor, but I'm not sure it's a flavor I would be able to deal with eating an entire bar in one sitting. The aftertaste, however was a nice subtle coconut flavor. I got this for my boyfriend, but found out after he doesn't like coconut (Go figure! haha). I don't normally like mango, but figured I would give it a try. Good as a snacking bar..like an alternative to a chocolate bar. Although this mango one wasn't my favorite, I will try the other ones to see if that bite is evident in all of them. Only 3 Ingredients: Coconut/Rice Syrup/Mango.


Krisda Natural Soda
Canadian Made.Comes in Blood Orange, Black Cherry, Root Beer and Cola. Gluten/calorie/sugar free.

Sweetened with Stevia and "Erythritol" which doesn't affect blood sugar, cause bloating, or tooth decay like regular soda can. BONUS! has 20% DV of Vitamins A,C, & E. Released to the public in April of this year. I tried Black Cherry, and Blood Orange. This is the stuff that made me come back twice in one day. Just enough flavor and sweetness with a smooth, light fruit flavor. Certainly not as sugary and artificial as mainstream pop. The only downside I noticed was a very slight aspartame-like aftertaste. But, it wasn't strong enough for me to dislike it. I'm not a huge soda fan, but this is a nice change. If you can get your hands on it, TRY IT!


Green and Black's Organic Chocolate
70% Dark Chocolate. Sweetened with Cane Sugar.

The whole reason I went to Market Organics in the first place! No taste difference between this and a regular dark chocolate bar although this has better-for-you cane sugar. Slight bitter taste as anticipated, but the soft liquid mint center balanced it out nicely. Although it has 17g of sugar per 6 piece serving, there is 7% DV of Iron and 3g of Protein. The company makes quite a few other flavors. I have yet to try the milk chocolate with sea salt..Mmm

No comments:

Post a Comment