Follow me on Twitter! @Shmape

Friday, July 8, 2011

NOMNOM: Jabulani Vineyard and Winery



I was fortunate enough to tag along with my friend Kris (Of Mexican Night fame) and my DB to Jabulani Vineyard and Winery, located in Richmond Ontario, just off of Dwyer Hill Road. Being new to the world of good wine, this was a great learning experience that I would recommend to any foodie, or person who wants to explore what little old Ottawa and area has to offer.



The owners, Tom and Janet Moul introduced me to six different wines ranging from $13-17; 4 white, and 2 reds. I fell for two of the whites immediately. Frontenac Gris and Vidal was dubbed the "Girly Wine". Made with Canada's Ice Wine Vidal grape, it was light and refreshing. Tom said it was a perfect wine for "the girls" to sip on a lazy summer afternoon. He was right, although most of the men loved it as much...so much for girly!

The one I took to a little more was the Frontenac Gris & Un-oaked Chardonnay sur Lie. It went down smooth when perfectly chilled and had a great fruity-pineapple flavor that really stood out to me.




As a white wine lover, I was hesitant to try the reds, but seeing as I was at a Vineyard, it seemed to be the best time to experiment. Marquette, Cabernet Sauvignon & Cabernet Franc was a red I really enjoyed with my steak dinner. Maybe it was the dark chocolate finish?


While I am certainly not a sommelier, the Jabulani Website has great in depth notes, if you are curious. www.Jabulani.ca
















Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment