Follow me on Twitter! @Shmape

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

NOM NOM: Mini Photo Montage

A few weeks ago I visited the Lansdowne Farmers Market for the first time. I had been meaning to for a while now, but just never got the chance. I will certainly be going back! Although smaller than I thought, they had great variety in the types of foods. Among the fruit and veggie stands, there were specialty meat vendors, (Think Elk, Bison, etc) flowers, a band, Art-Is-In Bread, and DELISH foods to go. Below are some of the goodies I couldn't pass by. Art-Is-In Olive Bread...if you can get your hands on some of any their bread...you will never go back. I used to work at a catering/food store and we had sandwiches made with their bread..HUGE hit. Incredible fresh Lemonade...watched the girl press it by hand..not too watery, sour, or sweet..just perfect. It seems the people who were at this stand were a family of four. Nice to see the love of food carry on. At the same stand as the lemonade, I picked up grilled sweet potato spears with garlic dipping sauce. If your a sucker for sweet potato spears like I am, try this the next time you fire up your BBQ as a side dish..or main..I won't judge. My DB and his sister also got some authentic Indian food that was in another stand. If your in the Ottawa area this summer, check the farmers market out. While the one in the Byward Market is where most people go, you wont be disappointed by this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment