Follow me on Twitter! @Shmape

Thursday, June 23, 2011

NOMNOM: Market Organic Review

The past few years in terms of my adventures in food have been a great experience. Growing up in a small town outside of Ottawa in a "meat and potato" kind of family didn't exactly give me access to international tastes or a bounty of healthy alternatives. From this, you can understand that a term like "Organic" was alien. Luckily, during a stint as a gourmet food shop employee, I came across Kiju Organic Lemonade. I was hooked.

A few months ago a few people highly recommended a place called "Market Organics" on York Street. Ive been there a few times now and will certainly go back. Set up like a small grocery store, MO is very clean and organized into semi regular aisles. Plenty of space to browse and explore the "all natural" side of life. Besides fresh vegetables, take home meals, and bulk grains/nuts/mixes, there is an extensive health supply section, freezer aisle, and "junk" food corner. The staff probably thought I was a little crazy showing up twice in one day for an AMAZING soda I am slightly addicted to now. More about that in my next post.

So far, I've tried Puffin Peanut Butter cereal, the infamous Kiju Juices, and some organic vegetables in addition to my next posts' products.

Lastly, if your looking for a change in your bath/beauty products, try Dr. Bronner's fair trade Magic Soaps. The bottles come in three sizes and in an array of blends. Made with organic oils, Ive tried the Tea Tree for my body, and Peppermint for my face as a pick-me-up in the morning.

Ok, Ok, I'm rambling... bottom line: If you like organic, or are curious about it, do yourself a favor and check this place out!

No comments:

Post a Comment