Follow me on Twitter! @Shmape

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

NOM NOM: Japanese Village




Keep you eyes peeled on Laurier St. in DT Ottawa, or you'll miss the tiny sign! Tucked away in the basement of an office building close to Elgin, the Japanese Village is a must to check out. Great for families, couples, or friends, JV can accommodate all occasions. I was introduced in college by a girlfriend of mine and was immediately addicted to the infamous sesame sauce that is served with the some of the dishes. Ive been back a few times since with newbies like I once was, due to my ranting and raving about how good the food is. Heck, I'd even bring my grandparents, whose idea of "different" cuisine is a Chinese buffet, here.



There are plenty of things on the menu, like sushi and such, but to get the best experience, order from the first part of the menu. Depending on the meat you choose, these plates range from $18- $26. It can be pricey depending on what you get, but the $ is worth it in my opinion. How many other restaurants in Ottawa do you get dinner and a fire show? Yes, they do the big flame thing, complete with making the shrimp dance. I went with the steak. You have your choice of Squid, Salmon, Steak, Chicken, etc. They all come with miso soup, and a small salad with a delicious sesame vinaigrette. As the chef prepares your meat and vegetables, you also get ginger sauce (I think) and the AMAZING sesame sauce (Both pictured above). Lastly, you get a small bowl of rice and some stir-fried bean sprouts. Enough food to leave you and your taste buds satisfied.




Aside from the great food, the entertaining chefs make it stand out. They are funny, make your food dance, and sometimes flip it onto your plate!



No comments:

Post a Comment